What is our
That boils down to our fifteen years of experience in the whole thing of implementing and continually improving IT Services and Service Oriented Ecosystem of Enterprise. And it comes to one simple rule – We must support business value … visibly!
To manage the IT in modern enterprise and bring real value you need to balance on three layers at the same time:
Each of them is important for particular stakeholders. All of them decide about the maturity of your IT influencing business.
approach is based on
four practical pillars:
01 Identify and focus on the areas of the biggest value.
What is hurting you? Whether it is basic Incident Management or complex Service Level Management in multi-supplier environment, we are here to help you first. We can work it out together.
02 Run projects with specific deliverables.
and definition of done instead general initiatives and changing a lot of things spontaneously.
- The “implement a process” approach with BAU’s (business as usual) does not work at all.
- We need to have a project control structure to help to make it happen in real world.
- Be as much agile and responsive as possible, but stick to the main business goal.
03 Tools are NOT Service Management.
We combine and work processes and tools together. It should be a good match. Yes, tools are most visible part of daily operations. But do not let the tail wagging the dog. This is the global teams that run it. They press the right buttons and make it happen or not.
- This is a real world - design or just capture high level process and tweak it slightly if required. Long cycle of perfect process design in details on a piece of paper does lead to utopia. Find good practices available in your organisation and look for best market practices (usually embedded into mature tools).
- Find the most mature toolset that can help.
- Tweak both process and tool(s) to make it work together as little as possible.
- The less customisations of the tool are implemented the better. Do not break your tool just for the sake of piece of paper and perfection. It will make your life much easier (no hassle when upgrades, less implementation costs and lower TCO)
04 People are not robots.
They do not execute processes as machines. People work in teams – they need interaction, support each other, reason to believe they do good and also get satisfaction out of work.
- In our opinion process should follow common sense and be simple enough so that everyone can see how they contribute and how it works together.
- Build on common sense and people experience and knowledge but not mix it with complacency and habits.
Usually we do not recommend to change or transform more than three domains or processes at once. Instead, we encourage to pick-up priorities and keep focused.
And most important – have fun!